My daily watch is a Citizen Eco-Drive. The instructions are funky, plus I can never find the instruction booklet. Dave Weinberger has instructions for setting a bunch of Eco-Drive functions. But his instructions didn’t cover how to reset the second hand if it gets jolted out of place (you know, like if your 2-year old throws your watch across the room). Here’s how to reset the second hand on a Citizen Eco-Drive watch:
Chronograph Second Hand Zero Positioning
- Pull the crown out to the time correction position.
- Press button (A) for 3 seconds or more and release it, the watch enters the chronograph second 0 position correction mode.
- Press button (A) to position the chronograph second hand at the 0 position.
• The chronograph second hand can be advanced one second at a time (in the clockwise direction) each time button (A) is pressed.
• The chronograph second hand can be advanced rapidly by depressing button (A) continuously.
- Once the chronograph second has been positioned at the 0 position, reset the time and return the crown to the normal position.
- Press button (B) to check that the chronograph minute hand has been reset to the 0 position.